Sunday, June 29, 2014

Sewing Sunday

Yay! I am so excited for this segment, I really like sewing and creating outfits.  This weeks find is a pleated floral skirt I found at a resale second hand store for $4.50! As soon as I saw this I knew this would be a perfect dolls skirt because how tiny the pleats are. I was able to make two skirts so the cost of this was about $2.25 for each skirt, the skirt had elastic in it so all I needed was some thread and a sewing machine and I was off. I first cut the skirt in half and then sewed the side seams, then I sewed the bottom of the skirt with a zig-zag stitch to keep it from fraying, this was the first time doing that so it doesn't look to professional.  I knew I also wanted a long maxi skirt and a short skirt. 
Before: 
 Unfortunately blogger will not let me upload these photos so I will update with the photos as soon as I can :(





 After: 
Can you tell who loves jewelry ? :)















Thanks for looking! We hope this inspires you to create your own doll clothes, save money and develop a useful skill. 

Until next time,   
                     Polka Dot Bee

3 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate comments just make sure they are appropriate :)