Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Meet Caroline

Hi! So by the title you might have guessed Caroline joined the family! Yep, with the recent archival announcement I realized that if I really wanted to get Caroline that I should get her soon and so with the money that I was going to use to buy Grace I bought her instead. Caroline has been on my wish list for a long time and I thought sometime in a year or so I would plan on getting her. I always liked looking at Caroline at the AG store and agreed that she was very pretty although not very unique or special. Wow, was I wrong :)  


































 
It was actually very fun how we ended up with this Caroline as I looked at 4 or 5 dolls and could not find one that I bonded with and instead of having my mom awkwardly stand there I asked her to pick out one that she liked and behold, she picked out the perfect one :) I think she was excited ;) I read her books already and I really like her character! The regency time period will be awesome to research and, especially, sew for :) I cannot wait to get started on creating her own tailored collection. I'm not fond of the outfits American Girl made her because most of them I think do not suit her eye and hair color combination. Right out of the hairnet she already has flyaway's so I am hesitant to do anything to her hair or take her out on trips as her curls are very easy to mess up. She will be sharing a room with Felicity as she is the only one closest to her era.  Yay!! I already dressed her up in modern outfits and she suits them all!  
Thanks for looking, 

14 comments:

  1. Okay. Now I am seriously wanting her. I thought the same thing about her being unorigional. (And I too don't care for her outfits) Too bad she'll be retired before my birthday or christmas.
    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Blogger and Instagram pictures can be so persuasive!

      Delete
  2. Congrats! She's adorable! :)

    ~Watermelon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your Caroline! I ended up getting one as well for the same reason. She wasn't my 1st choice, but due to the archival, I knew I would regret it as well.
    I can't wait to see what you come up with-outfit wise! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The same thing happened to me Caroline was definitely not the next doll I was going to get but with the archival she made it up to the first! I know, I love every pattern from her time and I found awesome fabric to use!

      Delete
  4. I love Caroline! :) I hope you enjoy her. Yeah, Regency fashions are pretty cool.

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! She seriously looks good in anything and looks great in pictures! I love the Regency era, especially after reading Pride and Prejudice.

      Delete
  5. Yay! Caroline is so pretty. I love your pictures, and they make Caroline look so gorgeous(because she is). The pictures with the mirror are cool; they give a really unique look. :)
    ~Christian Homeschooler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After discovering that mirrors are an awesome addition to photos (Thanks Pinterest!) I love using them :)

      Delete
  6. I love her and the mirror! :)
    <3Bella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate comments just make sure they are appropriate :)