Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Review Tuesday


 
Hi! For today's "Review Tuesday" features something I bought along with the bird-watching set-  OG Retro "Office Girl" came along with me too.  This was an impulse purchase but I'm glad I got it!

 
The first adorable item is the cat eye glasses. 

 
The unique tortoiseshell color gives these glasses a bit more of the "unusual" factor. 

 
The frame is all plastic. 

 
But they have mini screws at the sides!

 
I think these are cute but you don't really get the full effect of them until you try them on. I think the tortoiseshell idea is cute but I could see how this could look bad with some outfits. I may eventually try to pop out the lenses from the glasses because I dislike the glare they add!

 
Black and gold pen. 

 
All plastic with an okay paint job. (I don't really mind that the paint is uneven, for the price.)

 
I really like the gold detailing and another great addition to your dolls office or work-space. 

 
Pen and notebook,relatively the same size. 

 
You can add the pen at the side and secure the Velcro halfway. 

 
Very cute faux snakeskin cover! I love the fact that it's purple :) 

 
Notebook inside, blank, unlined pages and a nice thickness.

 
Without bending it you can slip the bottom side into one of the flaps, I didn't try to fit the whole notebook in because I still want it flat! 

 
I think this a great piece in this set, the notebook can double as a sketchbook, book, or journal. 

 
The banana yellow purse with two pockets. 

 
Only the pen can fit in a pocket!

 
Nevermind, I guess you can slip one end of the glasses in..

 
On the back a rather awkwardly angled handle helps the doll hold the purse! Or not..

 
Velcro closure.

 
I had to turn this inside out to get a picture of the inside, and the really large OG tag. I know it doesn't show up as well on the computer but the lining is a neon yellow whereas the outside is a more banana color. 

 
The scarf:this was really hard to get out of the box because it was sewn down with thread! It left a few holes :(

 
I think the design is cute! I love the color combination. 

 
At first I thought this was a headband or bow, I then realized it's supposed to be a scarf you wrap around the neck into an oversized bow. Okay then..

 
Everything can fit into the purse! I find this awesome because what use is a purse if you can't store a bunch of easily lost doll items in?
  
I feel like the colors in each item don't really go well together with the rest of the set, although I won't know until I try it out ;)

 
The overall set has a lot of really cute pieces, and a great addition to any retro collection. Before giving any more opinions,testing it out with a doll to see how well it works together is going determine my final thoughts. 
Thanks for looking!, 

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate comments just make sure they are appropriate :)