Friday, February 13, 2015

Thoughts on American Girl's Spring Release Part 2

Hi, here's part 2 of my thoughts... 
 image credit american girl 
Shimmer & Lace Party Dress $30 I love the peach cream color of this dress, not a big fan of the huge flower or the asymmetrical hem but the adorable shoes and hair clip make up for it, definitely on my want list.  
 
image credit american girl 
Pretty Plie Ballet Outfit $34 Let's start with the leotard, from pictures it looks like this has a cutout back which I love, the wrap sweater is cute and realistic, the dance skirt look's very cheap, the ballet shoes actually look realistic and the headband is a nice accent, I would not purchase this unless it goes on sale, which I can see happening.  
 
image credit american girl 
Pretty Pink Tutu Set $28 From the description it look's like it comes with the tutu, slippers and tiara, not worth the price. The tiara is described as metal, the tutu is see-through which is just lame on AG's part, you couldn't have added a few more layers and the slippers are unrealistic, nobody would wear those when dancing.  
 
image credit american girl 
Boho Beachy Swimsuit $28 This is so cute! I love one piece swim suit's on dolls and the gathered accents are very cute as well as the anklet flip flops. 
 
image credit american girl 
Sunshine Garden Outfit $30 (Is it just me or has anybody on their design team camped or gardened?) I think it is unusual for only one sleeve to be sewn on ,not to mention the unfinished hem, seriously?! Up close you can see that the hem has been serged and just left, like somebody forgot to hem.. the wedge shoes are cute but are unrealistic, have you tried to garden in wedge shoes?, I have tried and it is painful. I love the plaid shorts though.  
 
image credit american girl 
Sunshine Gardening Bench Set $68 This is really cute, it seems a little small to me and you could easily recreate it with more accessories.  
 
image credit american girl 
Sparkly Jazz Outfit $34 The dress is very cute and spot on, I have never seen a dancer wear finger-less gloves with a costume like that before, the shoes you would never wear to dance in, it look's like a remake of Isabelle's shoes, the way they styled that bow ...  
 
image credit american girl 
Soccer Team Outfit $38 I have a pleasant company soccer outfit with a cloth soccer ball that is so cute, I agree with other's this isn't realistic and the ball is plastic :(  
 
image credit american girl 
Sparkle Spa Robe $24 This look's so comfy and it is blue! 
 
image credit american girl 
Beachy Hair Beads $15 I love these! Definitely on trend.. 
Overall I am kind of underwhelmed with the My AG release, I was looking forward to some cute spring things as well as realistic dance outfits as I wanted one of my dolls to dance, oh well, I can just sew or look on Etsy :)  Thanks for looking! 
Polka Dot Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! We appreciate comments just make sure they are appropriate :)